E. J. Lajeunesse – Institut du Sports Académique Providence
The E. J. Lajeunesse Hockey Academy is a skills development program licensed by Hockey Canada and conducted at Central Park Athletics. Students in the program have the opportunity to develop their ice hockey skills while enjoying a balance between education and sport that will allow them to achieve their academic and personal goals.
The program is delivered entirely in French. It provides increased technical and tactical development of individual hockey skills and also basic skills applicable to other sports and in other areas (including coordination, leadership, etc.)
The E. J. Lajeunesse Hockey Academy is focused on the following goals:
• Developing motivation for academic success by the interest connected to the sport and the balance created between the school and sports sections.
• Developing the full potential of each student using hockey as a preferred means of education.
• Ensuring maximum pleasure and satisfaction derived from the practice of hockey and even sports.
• Developing a sense to the effort, perseverance, self-improvement and good work habits.
• Establishing the foundation for a positive self-image, developing self-esteem and self-confidence.
• Instilling values and attitudes such as self-respect, respect for others, honesty, sportsmanship, health, which will be useful throughout life.
• Promoting a healthy and active lifestyle.
The program is open to students all skill levels in Grades 7 to 12, both male and female. The only requirements are a passion for hockey and a dedication to learning and growing, both academically and athletically. A total of 70 students are currently enrolled.
Licensed by Hockey Canada.