Brannagan Physiotherapy Professional Corporation
Treating your problem is important, but figuring out the cause of the problem will ultimately make the difference in your road to recovery.
Successful physiotherapy treatment is a partnership between the patient and the physiotherapist, so I’ll listen to your concerns and develop a treatment plan that will help to achieve your goals. Following your prescribed exercises / functional activities will be essential in reaching your successful outcome.
Our goal is for you to not need us indefinitely. We’ll help you to help yourself, to return to your sport and achieve your physical goals — whether you’re an elite athlete, a middle of the pack marathoner, or a non-competitive person that just wants to stay healthy and active.
BHK, Bsc(PT), Dip Manip PT, FCAMPT
Physiotherapist & Owner
Phone: (226) 221-9966
For more information, visit www.brannagansportpt.ca
– Advanced clinical examination of mobility and stability the joints of the spine and limbs by manual ( hands on ) techniques.
– Assessments of general mobility and walking / running gait, balance, posture and agility.
– Assessment of motor control and strength and muscle function.
– Assessments of function and mobility of your nervous system and fascia.
– Palpatory examination of the soft tissues ( I.e. Muscles, ligaments, fascia etc)
– Assessment of breathing mechanics as it relates to your symptoms and physical functioning.
Orthopaedic Physiotherapy Treatment:
– Joint mobilization or manipulation techniques to restore joint movement and decrease pain.
– Soft tissue / fascial mobilization techniques to restore mobility and function of soft tissues.
– Muscle re-education and training for proper motor control.
– Dry needling or acupuncture as an adjunct treatment only, usually used to decrease muscle tone to allow easier restoration of normal joint ROM / mobility.
– Therapeutic exercises specifically chosen to address the deficiencies found in the above-mentioned systems.
– Education / home program to train you to independently maintain improvements in the areas that were deemed deficient.
– Breathing mechanics retraining (with a capnograph) as it pertains to orthopaedic function.